Canva Introduces The Visual Economy Report
Posted Apr 20, 2023 08:49 (GMT +7)
First of its kind report reveals new ways global business leaders are leveraging visual content to hire, market, and sell
– 90% agree that visual communication methods increase workplace efficiency
– 89% say visual communication helps remote teams and customers stay engaged
– 61% say employees in non-design roles are expected to have extensive design knowledge
SYDNEY & SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr. 18, 2023
Canva, the world’s only all-in-one visual communication platform, today released The Visual Economy Report featuring actionable data from 1,600 global business leaders. It provides the most comprehensive view into how global business leaders are approaching visual communication principles internally and externally to run more efficient teams, build stronger audience engagement, and fuel greater economic returns on their business.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230418005427/en/
Canva's Visual Economy Report: How communicating visually is fueling new opportunities for business (Graphic: Business Wire)
Among the top findings of The Visual Economy Report:
- Visual communication enhances workplace efficiency and collaboration. Nearly all business leaders agree that visual communication methods increase efficiency (90%), enhance collaboration (89%) and carry more authority (85%) than other methods of communication. The majority (89%) also agree visual communication tools result in stronger business returns.
- Visual communication accelerates sales cycles. With teams more global than ever, visual communication is making it possible for them to be more collaborative; therefore, more productive in a world that’s now digital-first.
In fact, the majority of global business leaders (89%) believe visual communication has had a positive impact on remote and hybrid team members connecting with each other. Eighty-eight percent also say visual communication tools have accelerated their sales cycles. That’s because most business leaders (85%) agree that visual content is generally more digestible, leading to more responsive prospects that stay engaged throughout the sales process.
- Design literacy is now table stakes for most jobs. Design literacy has become critical for most professionals beyond trained designers. For this reason, more than half of business leaders (61%) say that employees in non-design roles are expected to have extensive design knowledge, such as the ability to create persuasive visual assets and engaging presentations, as well as being able to edit others’ designs with ease. As a result, nearly two-thirds (63%) provide training to those not in graphic-design roles.
- Businesses need better visual content. Businesses are plagued by consistency, workflow, and quality issues with their design platforms. Nearly two-thirds of business leaders (64%) say that their company lacks a streamlined visual design software platform, and more than half agree their content is neither aesthetically pleasing (53%) nor consistent (56%).
- Gen Z is driving design in the workplace. Gen Z is more agile and creative and is embracing visual communication tools more frequently in the workplace. More than other generations, Gen Z (93%) feel visual communication helps them articulate ideas better.
Today’s businesses are operating in a newfound visual economy, where shrinking attention spans and an explosion of digital content have led to a demand for compelling, shareable visuals. Employees and customers now expect a brand's content to be as visual and digestible as what they see across social media platforms. As a result, there are significant business opportunities for those that embrace a design-first approach by empowering everyone in their organization to design, leading to the ability to produce tremendous levels of quality content at scale.
“As business leaders navigate a changing economic environment, visual communication can help brands get ahead. From helping win new customers, to attracting and retaining talent, to marketing in a way that breaks through, visual communication has never been more critical to unlocking better communication, collaboration and creativity,” said Zach Kitschke, CMO of Canva. “Today, capturing anyone’s attention can be fleeting so great design can be make or break for organizations who strive to stand out in this new visual era.”
Canva’s “The Visual Economy Report 2023,” can be found in full here.
Canva commissioned Morning Consult to survey 1,600 business leaders in marketing, sales, HR, and commerce who have knowledge of company revenue goals. This group also influences their organizations’ audience engagement strategy, as well as how internal teams communicate with each other, other teams, and the company at large. Specifically, Canva surveyed 850 business leaders in the U.S., 375 in Australia, and 375 in the UK.
Launched in 2013, Canva is a free online visual communications and collaboration platform with a mission to empower everyone in the world to design. Featuring a simple drag-and-drop user interface and a vast range of templates ranging from presentations, documents, websites, social media graphics, posters, apparel to videos, plus a huge library of fonts, stock photography, illustrations, video footage, and audio clips, anyone can take an idea and create something beautiful.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230418005427/en/
Chris Hew for Canva
Chanel Sedeno on behalf of Canva
Distribute your news release with us
Our media lists include news desks at all leading Thai and English-language dailies.
Radio & TV
We deliver your news to leading Thai radio stations and TV channels.
All releases are submitted to Internet news sites, including several with guaranteed pickup.
Our Self-Serve News Release Couldn't Be Simpler
Our streamlined online process makes it simple and fast to submit your news to the Thai media. Once registered, just enter or copy your text into our submission form and you'll see an instant preview with our fee based on the word count, translation, and any attached image. To confirm submission, hit Enter to be taken to our payment processor. Once payment is approved, your release passes automatically to our news desk for translation and dissemination by our skilled and experienced team. You'll be kept informed at each step of the process.