Posted Jul 22, 2019 14:04 (GMT +7)
Asia Aligns Power Infrastructure Investments to Meet Dynamic Energy Transition Needs
Black & Veatch’s new regional leader brings focus to integrated conventional, renewable, distributed generation and the power grid
BANGKOK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul. 22, 2019
Governments across Asia are tapping on innovations in generation, transmission and distribution technologies to fulfil their energy transition ambitions.
At the core of the energy transition is the need to address the increasing power demand that follows rapid population and economic growth along with the continued need for conventional power sources.
"Regional governments are making good progress in supplying affordable and reliable energy for their population as they also implement emerging technologies to offer more sustainable solutions. With global and regional experience in generation, transmission and distribution technologies, Black & Veatch is helping regional leadership identify integrated power infrastructure possibilities as they re-balance their energy portfolios to meet universal electrification and carbon emission reduction goals,” says Narsingh Chaudhary, Black & Veatch's newly-appointed Executive Vice President, Asia Power Business. Chaudhary added that while this transition occurs governments have not lost sight of the need to bring power to rural and remote areas.
An integrated power infrastructure takes advantage of different generation, transmission and distribution technologies to help utilities overcome the pitfalls of aging infrastructure assets while meeting rising customer demand for energy that is renewable and reliable. The right energy portfolio mix offers improved operation efficiencies.
Chaudhary leads Black & Veatch Power teams in Asia, including India, where the company service offerings include conventional, renewable, and distributed power generation, transmission and distribution, microgrids, and behind the meter services.
As a leader in energy transformation strategies, Black & Veatch delivers engineering possibilities for integrated power infrastructure that address local energy requirements.
- Chaudhary joins Black & Veatch with more than 25 years of experience leading various energy businesses in the Asia region and globally. In his former role with Siemens, he developed and implemented energy projects in various countries including Southeast Asia. Chaudhary is based in Bangkok.
- Click here to download a photo of Chaudhary.
- Floating solar farms is one renewable energy innovation that is gaining popularity in Southeast Asia. The Water Supplies Department of the Hong Kong SAR is working with Black & Veatch to explore the feasibility of large-scale implementation of floating solar farms at its 17 impounding reservoirs.
- Black & Veatch was part of a consortium that built a 500 kV Gas Insulated Substation (GIS), 230 kV GIS, and 115 kV new substation at Chachoengsao 2 for the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand near Bangkok.
- Located 800 kilometers apart, Chana and Wang Noi Combined Cycle Power Plants (770 MW each) were completed at the same time by one team. Over 1.5 million homes are now benefitting from 1,530 MW of additional power.
- Therma South Energy Units 1 & 2 in Davao City, Philippines, is improving lives and commerce through reliable power. Black & Veatch was involved in the conceptual and detailed design of the coal handling system for the power station.
- Black & Veatch designed, procured and constructed a microgrid for Shell, which is using it to generate power while it also serves as a working test lab to explore advancements in renewable energy. Microgrids have been identified as a solution for off-grid rural electrification in Asia.
About Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building critical human infrastructure in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in over 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2018 were US$3.5 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190710005312/en/
Black & Veatch
EMILY CHIA | +65 6761 3511 p | +65 9875 8907 m | ChiaLP@BV.com
24-HOUR MEDIA HOTLINE | +1 866 496 9149
Distribute your news release with us
Our media lists include news desks at all leading Thai and English-language dailies.
Radio & TV
We deliver your news to leading Thai radio stations and TV channels.
All releases are submitted to Internet news sites, including several with guaranteed pickup.
Our Self-Serve News Release Couldn't Be Simpler
Our streamlined online process makes it simple and fast to submit your news to the Thai media. Once registered, just enter or copy your text into our submission form and you'll see an instant preview with our fee based on the word count, translation, and any attached image. To confirm submission, hit Enter to be taken to our payment processor. Once payment is approved, your release passes automatically to our news desk for translation and dissemination by our skilled and experienced team. You'll be kept informed at each step of the process.