Category: Travel & Leisure
Posted Jan 4, 2019 15:34 (GMT +7)
Hong Kong Airlines Osaka Airport and Tokyo Haneda Airport Lead the Way in Asia Pacific for Punctuality in 2018
SINGAPORE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 04, 2019
Hong Kong Airlines once again claims the title as the most punctual airline in Asia Pacific, and the third most punctual worldwide, according to the OAG Punctuality League 2019, which is the most comprehensive annual ranking of on-time performance (OTP) for the world’s airlines and airports.
Key results include:
- Hong Kong Airlines (3rd), Bangkok Airways (5th), Qantas Airways (6h) are in the global top 10
- Japan Airlines and ANA are ranked 2nd and 3rd in the global mega airlines’ category.
- Tokyo Haneda claims top rank globally for mega airports. Osaka topped the large airports list, with Sapporo and Fukuoka placing in the top 10
- China’s largest three airlines, China Southern (15th) China Eastern (17th) and Air China (19th) delivered significant OTP improvements in 2018.
- Three new entrants, Bangkok Airways, Air Astana and Solaseed, make this year’s Asia Pacific Top 10 list for OTP.
- India’s IndiGo placed 7th globally for LCCs, which is an impressive result given that it operated 28% more flights in 2018 compared to 2017.
Mayur Patel, Regional Sales Director JAPAC for OAG, said: “The Asia Pacific region remains the fastest growing air passenger market in the world with 12.6 million scheduled flights in 2018, representing a 6.3% increase on 2017. Moreover, some 2.1 billion seats were available across the year, representing an even larger increase of 7.3% in capacity. Given the continuing pressure that this level of growth places on infrastructure and service, the region’s leading airlines and airports have once again delivered on a key aspect of their business performance.”
View the full results and download a copy of the full report HERE.
Top Asia Pacific Airlines for On-time Punctuality (OTP)
|1||Hong Kong Airlines||88.11%|
|4||All Nippon Airways||84.43%|
OAG is a leading global travel data provider which has been powering the growth and innovation of the air travel ecosystem since 1929.
Headquartered in the UK, OAG has global operations in the USA, Singapore, Japan, Lithuania and China.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190103005542/en/
Distribute your news release with us
Our media lists include news desks at all leading Thai and English-language dailies.
Radio & TV
We deliver your news to leading Thai radio stations and TV channels.
All releases are submitted to Internet news sites, including several with guaranteed pickup.
Our Self-Serve News Release Couldn't Be Simpler
Our streamlined online process makes it simple and fast to submit your news to the Thai media. Once registered, just enter or copy your text into our submission form and you'll see an instant preview with our fee based on the word count, translation, and any attached image. To confirm submission, hit Enter to be taken to our payment processor. Once payment is approved, your release passes automatically to our news desk for translation and dissemination by our skilled and experienced team. You'll be kept informed at each step of the process.