Category: Travel & Leisure
Posted Oct 26, 2018 14:05 (GMT +7)
Investing in the Future Conference (IIFMENA) Launches ‘Sharjah Declaration for Youth Empowerment’
Aimed at Presenting Actionable Solutions to Tackle MENA’s Youth Crisis
SHARJAH, United Arab Emirates--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 25, 2018
In response to the challenges facing Youth in the MENA region, Sharjah, the third largest emirate in the United Arab Emirates, has called on MENA member states and international community to collectively adopt and implement the ‘Sharjah Declaration for Youth Empowerment’, a nine-point action agenda to empower youth, and save their futures from the dangers of extremism.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181025005605/en/
During the Investing in the Future Conference 2018 in Sharjah, UAE (Photo: Invest in the Future Conference 2018 Sharjah, UAE)
- Put the acquisition of life skills at the centre of youth policy decision-making to prepare children and youth to leap into the future: ready to learn, engage in employment, be active citizen and in control of their own personal growth and empowerment.
- Promote policies that foster an enabling environment and recognise the important role of young women as agents of economic stabilisation and growth.
- Mainstream gender in all plans, policies and programmes which are aimed at empowering, protecting and supporting youth.
- Utilise existing endeavors towards education reforms, and the changing demographics as a window of opportunity to translate investment in human capital.
- Coordinate efforts of governments, UN agencies, NGOs, academics and the private sector to transform education to enable flexible learning opportunities beyond schooling.
- Note that youth entrepreneurship is a driving force of socio-economic development.
- Act to create conditions conducive to youth entrepreneurs.
- Ensure that all refugee youth are protected against violence, abuse, and exploitation, and to have access healthcare and psychosocial support.
- Take the best interests of refugee youth as a primary consideration in all matters affecting their future.
The declaration is the outcome of a full day of discussions at the Investing in the Future Conference (IIFMENA), which is organised by global humanitarian organisation, TBHF, under the theme, ‘Youth – Crisis Challenges and Development Opportunities’ offering its global platform once every two years to address a pressing humanitarian problem in the region.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181025005605/en/
National Network Communications (NNC)
Mousa Nimer, 0502220561
Distribute your news release with us
Our media lists include news desks at all leading Thai and English-language dailies.
Radio & TV
We deliver your news to leading Thai radio stations and TV channels.
All releases are submitted to Internet news sites, including several with guaranteed pickup.
Our Self-Serve News Release Couldn't Be Simpler
Our streamlined online process makes it simple and fast to submit your news to the Thai media. Once registered, just enter or copy your text into our submission form and you'll see an instant preview with our fee based on the word count, translation, and any attached image. To confirm submission, hit Enter to be taken to our payment processor. Once payment is approved, your release passes automatically to our news desk for translation and dissemination by our skilled and experienced team. You'll be kept informed at each step of the process.